Rev. David Hockett
Just the Facts:
- David has been a United Methodist pastor for over 20 years.
- He has served congregations in Greensboro, Salisbury, and Concord before coming to Boone UMC.
- David is a graduate of NC State University and The Divinity School at Duke University.
- He has contributed articles and sermons to various publications and has lectured in the Duke Course of Study and at Hood Theological Seminary.
- He currently serves as Chair of the Order of Elders for the Western NC Conference.
- David and his wife Kim are native North Carolinians.
- Wife- Kim is a graduate of UNC Chapel Hill and is employed by Novant Health as an IT Analyst.
- They have been married 25 years and have three children
- Daughter – Salem a student at UNC Chapel Hill
- Daughter – Abbey a student at Furman University
- Son – Eli who is excited to be hanging out in Boone.
- David enjoys running, hiking, cooking, reading, watching his kids play soccer, and serving the Church.